Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Appreciation to all parents helpers during the food carnival 16/11

Dear Parent Volunteers,

I would like to express my sincere appreciation and thanks to all volunteers who had sacrificed their precious and selfless time and efforts towards the bazaar nite. Thru all your efforts, Janet had informed that we managed to raise a total of $981. It is a remarkable result as it was only abt 3hrs and I can see that each and everyone was so enthusiastic. We have once again proven that WE CAN DO! WE MAKE IT! WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE cos the money raised will be channelled to the needy pupils, local charities adopted by the school and overseas missions. These funds will definitely help and go a long way.
The response was so good and out of expections that I believed we all regret that we did not make more! But never mind, there will be more opportunities going forward and as a consolation to ourselves, the food were all sold and there is no wastage, except that due to the power failure, we did not managed to finish the steamed corn.
Perhaps this is something for us to learn and have contigency plan in future to prevent similar occurences.
I understand that many of you had graciously donated in your own ways by not claiming for the food prepared. For those who are claiming, I believe they also claim below costs and all these are something that deserves my salute to you all. Good deeds begets good deeds.
For those who are claiming, pls feel free to claim from Janet and I will shoulder the full expenses and settle with her. I could only help to contribute in planning, organising and networking due to my work schedule and other community involvements. To show my appreciation to my supportive parent volunteers, I will not hesistate to donate the total claims.
On befalf of the Chairman and PSG committee, I would like to thank all of you again and we will let you know how we could contribute to the next project, Orientation Day.

Yours sincerely,
Mdm Shirley Soh, Vice Chairman, 2007 PSG Exco